Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 Winder battery consumption
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 08:59:11 +0100

On 07-11-1998 21:51 HMWaxman@aol.com wrote:

>I went through 2 sets of lithium batteries after about 15 rolls. Heard the
>same repair suggestion from a Leica rep at Photoexpo. She said there may have
>been some problems with an early batch of R8 winders.  The winder is heading
>for the shop.

Right she was. The contacts of both my R8 and winder were replaced by the
Leica Tech department in Solms.
I am still waiting for my batteries to fall over... that could happen
every minute now, I expect. I'll let the group now of how many films this
set was able to take.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch