Subject: Re: [Leica] R5 & R7 prices going up
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:11:24 +0100

On 06-11-1998 22:48 Anderson wrote:

>Some of the R lens price are going up also. Or at lease they are not
>going down.  I wonder if it isn't less risky and more profitable to
>invest in Leica equipment rather than the stock market, and there is no
>broker's commission too.  Atleast it is more fun.

Well, there was a question by someone at the LeicaCard meeting in Wetzlar
last week, whether, after hearing the rather disappointing R and M sales
during last fiscal year and Q1 of the new year, the increase in financial
turnover had not more to do with the increased sales prices than with
more volume of gear being sold.
The Leica spokesman was quick to point out that, although increased
prices were part of the picture, more volume in sold gear also
contributed to the figures!

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch