Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder & batteries
From: HMWaxman@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:06:05 EST

In a message dated 98-11-05 12:26:59 EST, 75674.3465@compuserve.com writes:

<< >>R8 users out there who have winders & do not carry<<
 >>the "body battery case", trust me you had better carry<<
                      >>it ........if the winder crashes<<

 Sound advice Ted!  I read your caveat before & sure enough,
 shooting a Civil War battle re-enactment, my winder crashed.
 It took putting my "body battery case" back on to get the
 rewind button back up & the camera running.

 I've got two R8 winders & every so often, the same one
 will "flake" out in a similar fashion. A bit of a pain ;-)!

Have unfortunately had similar problems.  Seems like every time I turn around
the batteries in my R8 winder are dead.

Howard Waxman