Subject: Re: [Leica] The M-6 Titanium
From: "Jeff Alford" <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 10:58:35 -0800

Jack,

I have had my M6 Titanium for about 5 years now. It shows no scratches at
all. I also have a black M6 that shows some "patina" on the edges. I don't
have any Ti lenses.

I have 3 reasons for not buying any Ti lenses (for my system):
    1. The additional weight due to the use of brass under the Ti plating.
    2. The Ti finish is not esthetically pleasing to me on my black body.
    3. It is harder to see the white on titanium distance and aperture
numbers.

I think you will have to decide if the cost difference is worth it for you.
From what I understand, there is still a limited stock of M6 Titanium
cameras available. When these are gone that's it.

Best regards,

Jeff Alford