Subject: Re: [Leica] Talent
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:05:39 -0600

>Some people show me their photos
>and say this is what I was shooting a photo of and it is some small thing
>in the center of the photo surrounded by a country mile of empty non
>informative space.  GET CLOSER I want to scream at them.

I think people often think that because they photograph something
interesting, compelling, exciting, that makes their picture interesting,
compelling, exciting. But that's the biggest leap of all in getting to be a
good photographer. Learning what is wrong with that.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 The Devil whispered behind the leaves, It's pretty, but is it Art?   -
Rudyard Kipling