Subject: [Leica] Rebadged Minoltas [was: Re: XPAN]
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:36:24 -0500

At 05 Nov 1998 06:46:32 -0800, Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com> wrote:

> Eric Welch wrote:
> > >Or a Minolta camera with the Leica name on it... :-)
> >
> > There was never such a camera, except the CL.

[...]

> I thought at least one of the early P&S was all Minolta with a red dot!

Oh, yeah!  I remember at least one -- with a 40mm lens which doubled to 80mm
at the touch of a button.  Was it... the AFC-1, or am I remembering the
acronym-laden name of something else?  Leica added at least a red dot and some
courderoy-ribbed rubber and a nice leather case and some dollars to the price.
I actually bought one, and was never seriously disappointed with it optically.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>