Subject: [Leica] Leica quality control revisited?
From: Iain.Dawson@ea.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:37:29 +1000

     George

     This sounds familiar.  It was the aperture ring on a (used) 35 1.4
     ASPh that started the current thread on Leica quality control and
     durability.

     Iain Dawson

     <<Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:44:24 -0600
     From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
     Subject: [Leica] Loose aperture ring

     I've just picked up a new 35 Summilux-M ASPH.  I notice that there is
     very small amount of play in the aperture ring.  Is this normal, or
     should
     I expect it to be stiffer, without any play at all.  It clicks in
     nicely at
     every stop and half stop positions, and turns smoothly allowing
     settings in
     between, but it rocks ever so slightly back and forth.  Has anyone
     experienced anything similar?>>