Subject: [Leica] Leica qulaity and reliability
From: Iain.Dawson@ea.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:45:31 +1000

     To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

          Joe
          That is more or less the point I was trying to make - in the end
     its
          horses for courses.  Aren't all cameras niche cameras?  If there
     was a
          universal camera we would all own it. I often take only the Leica
     and
          50mm 1.4 and one type of film (even for extended overseas
     travel).
          This works exceptionally well for my personal pictures and I
     don't
          miss other lenses and features. Not so long ago there were a lot
     of
          professional photographers who made a good living even though
     they
          were equipped with fixed lens Rolleiflexes.  They probably still
          could.  However, for my work photographs I couldn't use only M
          cameras.
          Iain

          <<From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
          Iain,
          I appreciated your thoughtful comments. However, you, and other's
          recently,
          have characterized the M series as "niche cameras." I suppose it
          depends
          what you do, but I almost always use either 35 or 50mm lens. No
     macro,
          no
          telephoto. For me the M6 is an ideal all-round camera. I like the
     view
          in
          the range finder, the framing is perfectly adequate, and I like
     using
          the
          M6. So for me, my Olympus 0m1 is the niche camera: macro and long
          lenses. It
          all depends.
          Joe Stephenson>>

     --BAK08965.910189050/steropes.erin.gov.au--