Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Expo in NY
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 10:57:56 -0500

Mary & Stan Kephart wrote:

> Hello LUGgers,
SNIP

> Great show.  Maybe more of us can get together next year.
>
> MK

OK. Apologies to all. I got there late and missed the rendezvous. I did
have a good breakfast in Queens, though.

As an aside, I visited the Leica Gallery for the Grace Robertson
opening. Wonderful imagery revealing a side of the British character
that I didn't know existed. Ms. Robertson should serve as an example of
how inobtrusive a Leica is because she is over 6' and managed to make
herself invisible while working. I commend Jay and Rose for making
available this body of work for those of us who did not have the chance
to enjoy it during its published heyday.

Also, Jay and Rose were charming as ever. Those of you who haven't had a
chance to check out this offering of photography should make it a point
to visit if you're ever in the city.

Had a pleasant encounter with fellow LUGger Ting Lee (excuse spelling)
and his Noctilux. And even found the demure Sherry Krauter partaking of
the opening.

Next year I'll try to be on time for the rendezvous. Again sorry.

Carl S.