Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Expo in NY
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 98 09:35:38 -0500

Hello LUGgers,

Akhil wrote:

>LEICA: This well known German firm had an active booth. LUG'ers where were
>you ? Only 5 or 6 showed up.  I counted 12 or 13 M bodies and a CLE at the
>show, but not a single R. I wonder what this means ? More later.

I was able to return for the last hour on Saturday, and can vouch for
this.  The activity around the Leica booth showed no let-up!  Jim
Marshall was still on hand to sign his book "Not Fade Away" (?)  It was
really great to see some faces behind the names I see on screen almost
every day: Jeff Moore, Pat McKee, Dave Almy, Akhil Lal.  We had a
mini-meet with Roger Horn, and gave the LUG address to an interested
party.  Niels Thorsen was there, too, and others from Northvale (except
Ernst)--hardly able to say "Hello!"--so busy.  Great show.  Maybe more of
us can get together next year.

MK