Subject: [Leica] Mihayi and RF accuracy
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:54:50 -0500

At 10:40 PM 1998-10-29 EST, Kirk wrote:

>If Leitz and Zeiss had the services of Joseph Mihayi, one of Eastman Kodak's
>premier photographic apparatus designers (1923-1954) they would not have been
>limited to the 135mm for rangefinder use.

I am quite aware of the capabilities of Mihayi.  Zeiss, of course, was
limited to much longer than 135mm focal lengths:  they manufactured a
2.8/18cm in CRF and experimented with the 4/300 in like mount, though this
was never marketed.  The weight of these lenses, rather than RF accuracy,
mandated a reflex housing.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!