Subject: RE: [Leica] Off Topic B & H photo
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:28:53 -0500

Tom,

My guess is that Henry didn't want to appear argumentative when he said he
didn't know if it was ethical or not.  Maybe I am too easy going but I have
never questioned this policy from anyone I have delt with (photo or
otherwise).  It seems to be the rule rather than the exception.  Many local
stores request full or partial payment before they will order an item for
me... is this any different?
In most cases the backorder has been received long before the credit card
payment is due.

Ken