Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic B & H photo
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:16:15 -0500

Bob:

Consider the dilema from the B&H point of view. When I order I nag them to
never hold my order for a backordered item. Last week I was making a film
order when I included a diopter for my Leica M (getting back on topic). The
salesman, I think it was Ari, warned me that it was an item they stock, but
that it would be backordered and my card would be charged. I agreed.  He
estimated it would ship in 2 weeks. It came two days after the film.

If you are clear with the salesmen at B&H, You will get what you want. The
key if to no let their hurried manner get you hurried as well.

Besides, invoice to invoice you can not beat their prices.

Tom

 >You've got every right to be upset about it.   I despise this type of service
>because of the time that it takes to follow-up on it.  I have ordered from
>B&H.  I fax my orders and specifically state on the order not to ship anything
>until the entire order is complete.  It is rare today to find exceptional
>customer service.  When I do find it I will happily pay more for it as long as
>it's not a rediculous amount.
>
>Bob
>
><< ----------
> Howdy -  It's amazing how a small thing really bugs me.  I
> ordered a batch
> of film from B and H photo.  10 out of the total of 30 rolls was
> back
> ordered.  They charged my card for the total and not the 20
> rolls that were
> sent.  I don't think this is right - anyone else on the LUG know
> the
> legalities of charging for back ordered material?
>  >>

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria