Subject: Re: [Leica] Backorders
From: ROBERT FARR <rfarr@voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:20:47 -0600

Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com wrote:

 10 out of the total of 30 rolls was back
> ordered.  They charged my card for the total and not the 20 rolls that were
> sent.  I don't think this is right -

I experienced this very problem today. A week ago I placed an order with
Smile Photo in NY.. a Sekonic 308 and several rolls of Delta 100 to try.
I confirmed first (or so I thought!) that everything was in stock, and
the salesman assured me all was. Seven days later and no delivery.. I
call their 800 ordering number, and get told to call their regular
non-tollfree number to check the order status. I do, and get stonewalled
with no answer and a promise of a callback. This call never comes. I
call again at my expense.. they tell me (after more stonewalling) that
they *might* be able to ship tomarrow, meaning that the salesman *lied*
to me in the first place, and then charged the order anyway!!

I cancelled the order and demanded that they credit my charge card -
we'll see how well *that* goes - and Smile Photo never gets another
order from me!

In contrast, Roberts Photo in Indianapolis, IN (800-726-5544) delivered
an order this morning that I placed Monday. They get Smile's order
tomarrow.

I used to be a passive consumer, but not any more.. order from Smile AT
YOUR OWN RISK!

Robert Farr