Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R 80-200/4 zoom
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:19:14 -0800

>does anyone here have experience with the current 80-200/4 zoom for the R
>system ? As a dedicated M user I´m thinking about changing my SLR gear from
>Nikon to Leica; the 80-200 might be my first R lens if optical performance
>is OK.

Hi Carsten,

Only thing I can say is, "GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!" :)  The 80-200 is one of the
underated Leica lenses. I shot with one this past spring and was very
surprised at the sharpness and overall quality.

And if I didn't already own the 70-180 2.8 I'd have the 80-200.

Wide open it is quite incredible. I shot some frames showing my grand
daughter's eye & eyelashes and you could count them on E100 slide film!!!

It's an excellent lens.

ted