Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R 80-200/4 zoom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:58:08 -0600

At 11:21 AM 10/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Carsten,
>I've used this lens for a few months now and am pleased with it, although I
>don't feel it's any better optically than the Canon 70-200 2.8L, which I use
>more often.  I'd call them about equal, except that the Canon lens is twice
>as fast and costs almost 50% less.

You got ripped off. It's supposed to be about 25% more, not 50%. And it
weighs a whole lot less, but then an R8 would make up for it in part. :-)

I just got a price on a Canon 70-200 2.8 today - $1469. The Leica is $1995,
right? (I'm buying a digital outfit for a photographer - I'm NOT switching!)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous