Subject: [Leica] Sharpo
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:00:34 +1200

Alex wrote:

>(BTW, If you drop film and distort the latent image, just presoak in a 1:1
>solution of Sharpo Focussing Powder)

Having been born extremely recently, I too would like to endorse 'Sharpo'.
I think it has had some quality issues recently, which, suffice to say, has
led me to experiment with this type of pictorial latency. I find it is now
far easier to merely approximate how far the canister fell, and then drop
the canister on its other end, thereby approximately rectifying the image.
I can then dilute the 'Sharpo' at a 1:25 solution, which is also better for
the environment.

Take care all,
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                _The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life_
                                            -- Richard Sennett

Gary Elshaw,Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand

http://members.tripod.com/~elshaw/index.html