Subject: [Leica] FOGG bag info for Francesco et al
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:53:46 +0000

>From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
>Roger,
>
>If I remember correctly, it is a Brit and his wife living in France <grin>
>I love my Bee Bag but sometimes wish it had a carry handle.  It holds two
>M6s, 35 + 50 Summicrons, 75 Summilux, 90 Elmarit-M, 135 Hektor, table pod &
>large head, silm and stuff.

That's right; before they moved to France they used to be in N.E London, I
bought a bag from them in about 1988/89 that's seen a lot of
cycling/travelling/rumbling around the undergrowth kind of action. It's
tatty now but has held up well, as it should do for the price (the bag even
has a serial number). It has been one of those high quality things that is
just too posh when new, but soon settles into being exactly the everyday
useful thing you wanted it to be - over its lifetime it has proved to be
well designed (maybe a touch fat) and excellent value. On a normal day it
will hold - Leica M6 (ahh, on topic at last), 1 or 2 lenses, notebook or
diary, mobile 'phone,film, swiss army knife, wallet, couple of filters,
cleaning cloth, spare inner tube, tyre levers, compact bike pump and lights
if I'm out & about in London. Not that waterproof but I keep a couple of
small plastic bags in the back compartment to put camera stuff in if I get a
really good soaking (which isn't often).
As my grandmother always used to say - 'we can't afford to buy cheap!'

Alex