Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Use 135mm Anymore?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 06:44:16 +0100

I second that. I do not have a Tele-Elmar, but I recently bought the new 135 and
find it outstanding. I also have a Hektor, but this lens certainly beats it in
the sharpness department (as well it should, being 30-40 years newer). And it is
quite light and handy. As soon as I tried one at Photokina I knew I had to have
it.

Nathan

Jeff Moore wrote:

> I have the Tele-Elmar, and it's a damned fine lens (which I rarely use, but
> that's another topic).  BUT, you should really give serious consideration to
> the new one.  It's rumored to be shockingly good (my amateur's eyeballing of
> the published MTF curves certainly hints at that), and when I fondled one
> today, mounted on a camera, it felt significantly lighter.  I mean, it really
> felt, subjectively, more light compared to my memory of the Tele-Elmar than
> the specs would imply.  Maybe it's a weight-distribution thing.
>
>  -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium