Subject: [Leica] Re: Use 135mm Anymore?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:36:21 -0500

At 27 Oct 1998 15:23:59 -0500, Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> wrote:

> I don't have a 135 yet but am thinking about it.  Which of these do you
> prefer?

I have the Tele-Elmar, and it's a damned fine lens (which I rarely use, but
that's another topic).  BUT, you should really give serious consideration to
the new one.  It's rumored to be shockingly good (my amateur's eyeballing of
the published MTF curves certainly hints at that), and when I fondled one
today, mounted on a camera, it felt significantly lighter.  I mean, it really
felt, subjectively, more light compared to my memory of the Tele-Elmar than
the specs would imply.  Maybe it's a weight-distribution thing.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>