Subject: Re: [Leica] Qualities of a Titanium M-6
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:20:23 EST

Francoise, my "strike anywhere match test" proved that the Titanium M6 takes
the match test very well, but lost out on the "car door" crash test. It did
show the brass under the titanium. The black M6 is more sensitive to wear
marks, black tape helps and in the worst case, use a black felt marker to
cover up the marks. The chrome finish is very durable, but it shows scuff
marks quickly.
 Be careful with the black M6 tops if you get a deep gauge in them ( see: car
door tests), the zinc die casting can start reacting with salty air and the
black chrome can "bubble" if you dont seal it ( tape,enamel paint etc works
fine). All in all I am pleasantly surprised how well the M6 bodies take use,
My camera bags have no padding and the cameras tends to rattle around a bit,
very little damage on any of them. O.K. they are not "Mint" but neither am I
and I dont buy cameras to sell later so the depreciation doesn't worry me. The
worst finish from wearability is the old black paint finish, but the best
looking cameras are these old black M2's and M3's with nice brassing and
sunlight bouncing off the dings and dents, Go figure!!
Tom A