Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R magazine, print frustration - National Internet Providers
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:26:45 -0600

 James,

>Also I thought print film was supposed to have amazing exposure latitude.  I
>say that tongue in cheek, but over the last year I've had a hell of a time
>getting nice prints done.  My slides consistently come back beautifully, but
>prints are sharp, but often washed out color-wise.  I can only assume that I

I shoot very little print film.  Recently I shot two rolls of Kodak Gold
100.  About two weeks ago I took it to the close-by one hour processor.
This week is sent the second roll to a professional processor.  I had the
same result on both films.  Not only that but I varied the exposures to get
different results.  Yes, they printed them all the same - and yes, I know
that but it had been so long since I used print film I had forgotten.

BTW - I have to change Internet providers as I am moving.  I know that I
can get a local provider in Dallas - but I am thinking of using a national
provider so that I only have to change the access phone number and not lose
LUG service during the move.  What opinions are there out there of national
providers.  (I have a negative view of Microsoft and AOL - but then I have
never used them)

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK (soon to be moving to Dallas, TX )