Subject: Re: [Leica] Use 135mm Anymore?
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:07:59 EST

In a message dated 10/27/98 2:59:31 PM Mid-Atlantic Standard Time,
cdkan@ncac.gwu.edu writes:

<< I plan to get a 135mm R lens and would like to hear
 others' advice on the lens.  Thanks in advance! >>
In my opinion the 135, 2.8 Elmarit-R is a very underdiscussed lens. It has
always been an extremely sharp lens and one which I use often. Furthermore,
they sell very cheaply on the used market. I have seen lens and body prices
swing up and down as Leica users fancies swing and sway - with not a lot of
relationship to the performance of the item in question. The 35mm2.8 and the
135mm2.8 Elamrit R's are two such lenses which represent an excellent
price/performance ratio.
Bob Figlio