Subject: Re: [Leica] Garage sales
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:46:15 -0800

Robert Beaudoin writes:

|  Well, my garage sale season is finally over, here in
Quebec.  Only one
|notable find this year: a 25mm f4 Olympus pen lens at 5
can. dollars.

What a great buy!!!  The Olympus Pen F was my camera of
choice before I bought an M3.  I bought the Pen F in 1964
and still use it.  It even X syncs at its fastest shutter
speed.  I still carry it in my briefcase.  One of the
reasons for the M3 was that it was the closest in size to
the Pen F that I could find --- using double frame 35mm gave
me a great deal more latitude in enlargements.  I still
vision photographs in the vertical format and thus being
left-eye dominant has not been that much of a problem.

I have never found any Leica equipment at garage sales.  Did
find a nice McClellan saddle once, though.  Maybe I need to
expand my garage sale presence.
Regards, Bill Larsen  ohlen@lightspeed.net