Subject: [Leica] Re: Top Ten Lenses
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:47:50 -0600

At 11:44 AM 26/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
> These are the top ten lenses in the survey. {cut}  I suppose this
>stuff is a bit dated and meaningless as well.
>Bud
>
>Canon EF 2.8 400mm USM II (5.0)
>Leica R 2.8 400m (5.0), etc.

Bud,
Every four years or so they take a survey in my country.  They call it an
election.  During the next four years or so everyone gets to realize how
foolish they were for electing some of the bozos that came out on top in
that survey.
   Surveys tell you what is popular, not necessarily what is best. What's
popular isn't always best; what's best isn't always popular.

 _
[o] -GH