Subject: [Leica] Re: M6TTL and M7 Clues
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:03:53 -700

On 26 Oct 98, Dennis Painter wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> Yes, I think that 2mm is for the future.  The M6TTL seems to me a very
> small evolutionary step.  I'm not dissapointed, I think for someone buying
> a new M6 its as good a value as the older M6.

Yep, but we've been fooled before. The R7 added either 2 or 3
mm. in height over its predecessors (can't remember the exact
number w/o looking in the books and I'm working with a full plate
today). It was theorized that this was largely for the future also
because the extra electronics for the R7 didn't have to take much
room due to reduction in component sizes.

So, what happens...The bloody elves in Solms came out with a
whole new design. Enter R8!
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org