Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux pics
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:27:45 EST

Dan K:

"Tycoon of The Night"?  Most unflattering.  I accept Tina's nomination of
Royal Prince of the Night and Ted's nomination of King of the Night, even if I
have to struggle to get closer to the light than my colleagues with F1.0
lenses!

All of which reminds me of a joke:  A Frenchman and a German were arguing over
the superiority of their respective wines!  Inasmuch as the German grape grows
at higher latitudes and altitudes (less light) it seemed obvious to the German
that his wine was superior because "the German Grape has to Struggle"!

Accordingly, might I argue that "struggling" to get closer to the light with
my 50 mm Noctilux F1.2 gives me the edge over my colleagues with their 50 mm
Noctilux F1.0 lenses.

Coming back, bought my F1.2 lens years ago and have enjoyed its marriage to my
M5 very much.  Dan, do you mean this lens has become collectable over the
years?  What's it worth?

Leon
LP6@aol.com

<< >>
 >>Tina:
 >>
 >>As I continue to use a Noctilux F 1.2  mounted on my M5, am I to assume
 >that I
 >>too am a member of this auspicious and singular "King of the Night" club as
 >>well?
 >>
 >>Best of NoctiLight,
 >>
 >>Leon
 >>LP6@aol.com
 >>

 >Hi, Leon:
 >
 >Well, at 1.2 you would have to be "Royal Prince of the Night"!!!
 >Seriously, how do you like the 1.2?  I know some of the older lenses are
 >supposed to have even more of a Leica effect than the newer ones.  Is this
 >true with the 1.2?  I'd love to see some photos!
 >
 >Leically,
 >
 >Tina

 At that price, the 1.2 should be named, "Tycoon of the Night"!!

 Dan K.