Subject: Re: [Leica] FIKUS hood
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:12:35 EST

The FIKUS hood is a 36 clamp-on which will not fit any Summicron lens
which are all E39 threaded.  The one possibility I can think of  in the
way of a rigid hood that *might* work on the current-version 50
Summicron, is the metal screw-on hood made for the current 50 f2.8 Elmar
collapsible.  It comes in silver or black (I'm not certain of the part
number of the black one but my silver one is 12549) and it is E39
threaded.  It is round and protrudes about as far afront of the lens as
does the pull-out hood on the Summicron, but it is the same diameter as
the filter rim as opposed to the pull-out Summicron hood which is a few
millimetres wider.  Whether or not it would vignette, I cannot say.  I've
never had a quarrel with the Summicron pull-out hood.  To me it is much
nicer than seeing the vented one protruding into the finder view (my
M3-shooting colleagues note this moreso than I...I would suspect the M6HM
might suffer from this affliction as well, to a lesser degree of course).

Regards,
Nigel
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:25:25 -0500 (EST) Michael Garmisa
<elmar@webreach.com> writes:
>Has anyone used this hood, I'm interested on trying to use it with the
>new
>50 summicron that has the built in hoood.... anyone know if it will
>fit?
>
>--
>Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]