Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying pictures from NGS ? was Sam Abell & Books on Leica pictures
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:22:22 -0600

At a talk by Franz Lanting he mentioned selling his photos. Said the
photo of the two penguins looking down at the baby is his most popular.

I think most of the photogs own the rights to their photos and this is
what has caused the problems with NGS. They (NGS) made the CD of all of
their past mags and did not pay any additional royalties to the photogs
who created those images.

>       Do you guys know off-hand if it's possible to get photographic
>       prints  from the National Geographic Society ?   I assume NGS
>       owns the rights to the pictures.   Am I correct ?  (I know it's been
>       a controversial issue with photographers.)  Thanks,

- --
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
new book at: http://www.volmania.com