Subject: [Leica] Re: Rollei 35
From: Ted Bradshaw <ted@junior60.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:52:39 +0100

Marc James Small said:

>The 3.5/40 Tessar is a stunningly fine lens, and the 2.8/40 is an even better
>optic.  These lenses put to shame, by any optical standard, any lens used in
any of
>Leica's P&S embarrasments.

Couldn't agree more. Looking at the thousands of chromes I have taken over the
last twenty years or so, those from my Rollei 35T are technically at least
equal in quality to anything taken with my Leica equipment. Colour saturation
and sharpness are beyond reproach, but it goes further than that. A series of
photographs I took a few years ago of dawn sunlight breaking through the early
morning mists over a large lake show a subtlety in handling nuances of colour
that I cannot fault. These are my all-time favourite personal photographs.

I still prefer to use the Leica cameras though, and not simply because of the
option of changing focal lengths.

Regards.

Ted Bradshaw.