Subject: [Leica] Xray machines
From: Stephen Kobrin <skobrin@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:54:11 -0700 (PDT)

Several points re airport xray machines and a question.  I typically
carry less than eight rolls on a trip and often only four.  The only
place in the world I have had someone refuse hand inspection when the
film cannesters are out of the plastic containers and in a clear
plastic bag is London.  They appeared to enjoy being nasty about it
and let me know in very clear terms that the Tower was next if I
argued.  I have had 120 film fogged by a hand baggage xray in Canada.

Question:  I have also used lead foil bags and wonder if they are of
any use.  The reason I wonder is that the airport security people have
never asked me to open one.  If it really blocks xrays, one would
think they would be curious about what is inside it.

Steve