Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-RAY report
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:40:46 EDT

I routinely pass 100-200 films at a crack (ISO 25-200) through the
handbaggage X-ray  as many as six times each on travels with two
stopovers and plane changes each direction.  I do not use lead-lined bags
and I have never seen any evidence of damage.  I put the films in a
separate bag from my camera equipment, because there are many occasions
when the X-ray operator stops the camera holdall inside the machine for
several minutes whilst scrutinising the monitor screen.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:10:19 EDT FBrunelle@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 10/24/98 1:08:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jim@brick.org
>writes:
>
>> although the carry-on x-ray machines don't
>>  seem to bother film under ISO 1000.
>
>Jim,
>Do you know if a film has gone through a couple of times in the hand
>luggage
>X-Ray machine it would bother the emulsion?  ie. You go once through
>the
>security as you leave (film unexposed) and once again on your way back
>(film
>exposed.
>
>Francois

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]