Subject: Re: [Leica] Effluent disposal and septic systems
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:56:09 -0700

Bill Larsen wrote:

>Prior to Ted's posting, I did not realize that I was a mental midget for
>most of my professional life.  (I thought it was part of my aging
>process). >>>>>

Geeeeeze Bill I didn't mean you buddy! :)

However with your experience you know the kind of folks I'm talking about!
<<>3.  Finally, never ask a bureaucrat a question for which you do not
already have the answer.<<<<<<  Yep and this where you find the ones I
referred to. :)

>2.  As other people have pointed out, dilution is the
>secret. >>>>>>>

When I lived in Ottawa and we really were cranking through the B&W paper
and chemicals, we always dumped the trays into big plastic tubs, mixed them
well and  filled with water to the top. After that, we poured off about a
quarter of the liquid into another tub and filled that amount with water
and repeated one more time, cutting it each time before we put it down the
drain with full running water at the same time. And then we flushed the
drains for about twenty minutes with plain clear running water.

It took time to get this out of the road, but I felt it was the only way to
make sure it was broken down as best as we could. And at the time there
wasn't the concerns we have today. I just figured it was better to be safe
than sorry.

It's OK Bill, you can sleep tight to-night you're not a mental midget! :)

ted