Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 for Brian
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:55:12 -0500

At 12:37 PM 10/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>instead buy him an M6 ouselves.  I would be happy to coordinate such an effort
>in the US.  I don't know the exact mechanism for doing this-special bank
>account?  I realize none of you really know me, but I am honest and
>trustworthy and certainly would not do anything to jeopardize my good standing
>on the LUG.  I'm sure something can be set up to protect everyone involved.

I can vouch for Richard. He's a upstanding, fine person (and he knows his
lobsters, too!).

I'm game to get a Leica for our host, or the alternative suggestion by
someone of giving a gift to someone in need who could benefit. How about a
scholarship to a worthy photojournalism student in Brian's name? Like send
them to a workshop or something. Whatever you folks decide, I'm in.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch