Subject: [Leica] Noctilux pics
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:15:32 -0500

I just got myself a Noctilux,it was delivered this past Tuesday.

Lucky for me I started working on the Bowling Green, KY magazine
Wednesday and I had a lot of chances to try it out.  I love the lens. It
is one of those numbers I know I will seldome take off my M6.

For those of you who moan about its weight try lugging around an R6 and
motor and any lens and the nocti/M6 will seem light.

One of my shoots was at a facility that cares for Alzheimers patients.As
part of this they use animals, dogs and cats.  I made a few photos that
I have uploaded to my site,not put to a page yet, just raw pix.  Haven't
had time to mess with the coding.  But with the discussion the past few
days about the various 50 length lens I thought I would share these.

The photo of the lady on the bed with the cat was made at something like
1/30 @ f 1 to 1.4.
	http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto/nocti.jpg

The shot of the dog looking downthe hall was at 1/60 or so at 1.0
	http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto/nocti2.jpg

The shot of the people at the end of the hall was around f8 at 1/125
maybe 1/60.
	http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto/nocti3.jpg

These 3 photos were made on the new fujicolor superia 400 color neg.

I also made photos at the Corevette museum and this lens is incrediable
at holding the contrast range.  One photo I made was of the 00001 serial
number 1998 vette with a person looking at it.  The car had a window
above it and was lit with f 11 or so lite. The person was not in this
lite, was in an area around 1.4 or so (I was shooting at f11), BUT there
was plenty of detail in the person.  I was expecting a total silloute.
Don't get me wrong the shot if far from flat.  It is a beautiful
slide,shot on Provia RDPII.  Just the abilities of this lens are
amazing.  I do not have a scanof this photo.

If anyone has a choice of just one 50 and the Nocti is in the running
GET IT you won't be sorry.  To have the ability to shoot in near
darkness is a huge plus and this lens works plenty well stopped down to
wear the Leica name.

- --
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto