Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica macro work (FAQ?)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

You need a Visoflex II for the IIIf or a Visoflex II or III for the M6. You
can then attach the head of the 135 Hector or of several other lenses. The
65 Elmar is designed for macro and is excellent. All of these will require
the proper adapter and/or focus mount. The Bellows II, when attached to the
Viso if very handy also.

The M6 has the advantage of the TTL meter.

Cheers!

kw

>I'd like to experiment with some macro photography (rocks & minerals,
>specifically), but I've never done this with a Leica system before.  I
>have an M6 and IIIf body available.  I'll be working mostly in B&W, but
>possibly some color negative as well.
>
>What should I be considering in the way of lenses and other
>attachments to do this sort of work?  Lighting tips would be useful,
>too.  I've seen some excellent macro work done with the Hektor 135mm,
>which I'm keeping an eye out for, but I assume I need other
>attachments as well.
>
>Andrew

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                        <kwilcox@gfn.org>