Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta Films
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 23:30:53 EDT

In a message dated 98-10-21 20:42:07 EDT, Francois wrote:

<< I surely asked the question in the wrong format!!:-)
 I am looking for the sharpest ISO 100 & ISO 400 color film.  Yes, yes similar
 to the results you can get with T-Max and Ilford Delta. >>

Sorry to misunderstand you! Fuji Reala, as others have said, is a fine film.
In my experience, Velvia and Kodachrome 25 are also in a class by themselves.
For 400 speed, low contrast I like Fuji NPH, it is especially interesting for
its shadow details, though it tends toward a warm color pallet. For higher
contrast, Kodak PJ400 is a good all around print film. I don't care for any
high speed slide film. In consumer grade films, I like Agfa HDC plus 100 for
its very neutral color rendition.

And Joe, I don't doubt that Rodinal would improve grain a great deal, but
(heresy!) I have an excellent pro lab do the BW film developing for me, and
play with the printing end of it in my darkroom.

There. I feel so much better having that dark secret out in the open...

Will von Dauster