Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery adaptor for PX625 substitutes
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:40:56 EDT

Brian, your CL does not need "retrofitting" to take zinc-air batteries.
They fit and work as OEM.  It is the alkaline replacements which require
modification to the metering calibration to account for the different
voltage.  The problem is, it does not account for the differing discharge
curve as the battery is used, and so gives metering with decreasing
accuracy as the battery weakens. (Mercury batteries maintain full voltage
until the bitter end). I do second the vote for the Cris MR-9 adaptor
though.  The zinc-air batteries are both expensive and short-lived.

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:21:37 +0100 Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie> writes:
>Brian Reid wrote:
>>
>>Ah well. I get lovely pictures from my IIIf and someday I'm going to
>>manage to get my CL retrofitted to use zinc/air batteries and have it
>>working again.
>
>Brian - a far cheaper solution might be to use the MR-9 adaptor which
>takes
>a silver oxide battery of the correct voltage.
>
>Details at:
>
>http://www.criscam.com/cris2i.htm
>
>At USD29.95 it's hardly a steal, but it sure beats tinkering about
>with the
>CL meter.
>
>I'm going to get a couple myself and see how they go.
>
>Slan
>
>Alex
>

>Alex Hurst
>Cork Florists
>19 Winthrop St, Cork
>Republic of Ireland
>Tel: +353 21 270 907
>Fax: +353 21 271 248
>email: corkflor@iol.ie
>Website: http://www.flowerlink.com/corkflorists
>Home website: http://homepages.iol.ie/~corkflor/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]