Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W yet again....
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:47:40 EDT

Francesco:

Nah, you don't need those lights.  When you get your tank and reels use an
unexposed roll of film and practice, practice, practice loading the reels
without looking at it.   I can remember many years ago watching tv and
practicing the loading of the film onto a stainless steel reel.  It is very
frustrating at first but in very short while it will become very easy.
Recently I went through this very exercise with my niece.  She said that she
would never learn.  After practicing a few times she now does it easily.  The
stainless ones are more difficult but I wouldn't use anything else. They are
easy to clean and they last forever providing you don't drop and bend them.  I
have been using the same reels for around 40 years.....oops, didn't know that
I was that old...really I started when I was about thirteen.

I believe that you are  going to have fun and we will enjoy helping you.

Bob Bedwell

<< Don't you need one of those purple lights too, so you can see
 what you're doing?

 Francesc >>