Subject: Re: [Leica]M6 for Brian
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:37:36 EDT

Yes, Yes.  Please count me in on helping bring to Brian the same joy that he
has been bringing to us.  It is the right thing to do and it would be my
pleasure to participate.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<<
 Brian -

 Please let me also ask you to reconsider.  The original suggestion was
 for contributions to be made against the cost of the replacement
 computer that now keeps the LUG humming.  We all understand that you
 have provided that replacement out of your personal funds, which
 redounds to the benefit of us all.  There is no embarassment to you in
 allowing us to contribute to the cost of our own continuing education
 and entertainment.  If you then chose to spend your own hard earned
 funds on something as frivolous as an M6, you would at least have the
 opportunity to experience first hand the joys of one of Tom's soft
 releases (and perhaps even one of his winders).

 This was not an offer of charity.  If the old beast hadn't died, almost
 all of us would have rolled along day by day, blissfully unaware of, or
 at least uncaring about, the infrastructure that gave us our daily fix
 of Leica lore.  But the old beast did die, we are all now aware that
 there is new infrastructure in place, and now that we are again getting
 our daily fix many of us simply feel that you shouldn't be asked, or
 even allowed, to bear the full cost of that replacement personally.

 So please, just give us an address and relax.  If good things show up in
 your mailbox you will know that you are deeply appreciated, and can do
 what you will with whatever comes.

 Cheers,
 Kip Babington >>