Subject: Re: [Leica] Making a web page
From: chefurka@magma.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:51:57 GMT

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 19:12:12 -0700, you wrote:

>Dear LUG'ers,
>
>I have enjoyed looking at the home, or web pages, that various members
>have referenced. I would like to make one so that I can inflict my photos
>on others. However, I have no clue where to start or how to go about it.
>Can anyone offer suggestions on how to proceed, and what software,
>etc., is most appropriate for a novice at making web pages, but an
>experienced computer user.
>Thanks in advance,
>Joe Stephenson

I use a web publishing package called HoTMetaL (get it?) along with
Photoshop 4.0 and a (very) cheap UMAX Astra 610P flatbed scanner.  For
the web stuff I hear Microsoft Front Page is also OK.

HotMetal has several modes, from a WYSIWYG drag-and-drop mode, to a
down-in-the-weeds raw HTML editor.  I didn't need to crack the manual
to use it.

To learn a bit about better scans, I recommend the web site
http://www.scantips.com

The information there  improved my scans 100% overnight.

Paul Chefurka