Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Francesco.
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:11:16 -0700

There are numerous books, by dozens of authors and companies (Kodak,
Ilford, Agfa, Patterson, etc) that go through the complete process of
developing B&W film. With pictures, times, what to do, when to do it,
minimum equipment, needed chemicals, how to load reels, how to agitate,
etc. The question you have asked of the LUG is somewhat like asking Ted,
Donal, Marc, and many many other experienced photographers (basically the
LUG) "I'm interested in photography, what kind of camera should I buy?" The
answers are as varied as there are people. And the question is not well
defined.

Therefore... I suggest you buy a basic darkroom book on processing film and
printing, and follow it. Maybe someone could suggest a good basic (and
readily available) book for Francesco. Your local photo supplier will have
several books. Buy one.

Jim

At 05:23 PM 10/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>So with ONLY the stuff you listed below, I can develop my
>own B&W film?  Is this list for films like TMax, or for T400CN?
>IS this something I can manage in a small light-tight bathroom?
>How long does it take to do the entire process on a roll of film?
>
>Thanks a bunch for your help!
>Francesco

http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA