Subject: Re: [Leica] Venice and Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:16:05 +0200

Dominique,

I beg to disagree with the second sentence below. Yes, places like Venice or
New York or London or .... have been photographed millions of times. That does
not mean that no interesting pictures are possible! The challenge is to find
that new/unusual/personal image that conveys the soul of the place. I am in
Amsterdam almost every week; I walk on the same streets every time, the
pictoresque canals etc. Sometimes I take no photos, other times I shoot a whole
roll in a half hour walk. Every time I see something new in the familiar
scenes. There is a good reason why Venice has been photographed by a ton of
people: it is a beautiful city and the picture possibilities are endless.

Nathan

Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> All these tourist traps like Venice have been photographied by a ton of
> cameras.There is nothing to shoot (photograph) except the crowd.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html