Subject: Re: [Leica] Correct/Proper hood
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:01:51 -0500

Philip,

The most universal hood is number 12585 which fits both 35 and 50 mm
lenses which take 39 mm filters.  This includes both varieties of the 35
Summaron as well as the 50 Elmar and Summicron lenses.

Filter ITDOO (1956) also works with the 35 mm Summaron and the 50 mm
Summicron.

I like the 12585 because I can reverse it on the 50 mm Rigid Summicron
for storage.  I can also use it on both the 35 mm Summarons and
Summicrons.  This hood may be the easiest to find.

Bud