Subject: Re: [Leica] The World at F1
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 14:37:53 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:
>The vignetting is there if you look closely; however, this is not a problem
>for me.  It helps to direct attention to the center of the photograph.  In
>fact, if it were not there, I might add it in the darkroom!>>>>>>

Hi Tina,

I've always thought it was nice of Leitz to have built in that little
darkening of the corners.:) And as you say, it saves time in the darkroom
burning in the outer edges of the print directing the eye to the central
area of the image.

Besides in many cases the vignetting is only noticable when you shoot light
bkgd areas out to the edges.    ie: skies or light walls.  And in some
cases you really don't see it, it is so slightly there.

It's another one of those thngs I was never aware of until I joined the LUG
and folks were talking about, I always thought that was just the way the
lens was supposed to help you as a photographer. :)

ted