Subject: Re: [Leica] strobe vs. natural light
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 18:27:04 EDT

You are correct...if you shoot that f/1 or 1.4 wide open, meaning
next-to-no DOF, which if that isn't what your image requires, you need
either faster film (more grain) or..... *flash*!
 Also, you are correct...if that  "low (or very low) natural light" is
midday light coming through a clear window into a neutral room.  If it's
twilight, or there's incandescent or fluorescent lighting present, or the
walls are painted green, you need either different colour balanced film
(limited applicability) or CC filters (which cut the light even lower,
compounding the problem), or......*flash*!

 I will maintain that the thoughtful, skillful use of multiple, slaved
small flashes (more difficult but not impossible even with an M) gives
the in-the-field colour-transparency shooter the most control over an
image with respect to lighting.

On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:33:24 -0700 jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
writes:
> But an f/1 or f/1.4 lens works very well with ISO
>100/200
>transparency film in low (or very low) natural light.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]