Subject: [Leica] off topic - Oriental Seagull
From: "Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:29:00 +1000

Ken,

Yes it is dearer than Ilford MGIV but I think it is worth it.  The warm tone
blacks are silky rich and I like the cream base.  Seagull is quite slow also
which allows more room for fine tuning exposures.  The other thing I like is
that Oriental seems to have put a lot of effort into keeping the speed of
the two available grades I've seen (2 & 3) constant so once you have settled
on an exposure on one the same applies to the other.

 Ilford MGIV is excellent too - I guess it depends on how you wish to
interpret a particular negative.

Thanks for the info on where to buy it.

Regards,
Rob.