Subject: Re: [Leica] Laser surgery
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:42:49 -0500

At 11:01 AM 10/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I shudder to think what kind of story a news team might concoct about Leica!

How about the stories we get right here on LUG central? Leica's about to
fold, the M7 is about here, a 21-35 2.8 R zoom is coming, Ted Grant is
older than Mathusela...

People are people, which leads to: journalists are people. TV IS worse than
print, but I'm finding that the younger journalists get, the less
disciplined they seem to be. :-)

But things go in waves. Things will tighten up as people respond negatively
to journalists not doing their jobs well. I see a trend in journalism
criticism recently to hold the "big dog's" feet to the fire more.

(From an old grump who had a run-in with a teeny-bopper journalist today).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Perspective is in the eye of the beholder.