Subject: [Leica] Laser eye surgery
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:05:09 -0500

I have worn glasses since I was in the 8th grade.  About six years I was
diagnosed as having glaucoma.  After several years of unsuccessful
treatment with various medicines my doctor recommended laser surgery.

The surgery consisted of 100 laser holes burned into each eye so my eye
would drain better and reduce the internal pressure which would have slowly
made me lose my vision.  The surgery was done out-patient and was a piece
of cake, although it cost 1600 USD per eye.

Now for the first time in years I have 20/20 vision and only have to wear
reading glasses.

Bill Grimwood