Subject: Re: [Leica] Were Leicas always so expensive?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 20:07:49 -0600

At 10:54 PM 06/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
($4,000 for body and
>standard 50f1.4 lens, jeeeez!)
>The price of admission!! :-)

Unfortunately, it is also what keeps many people from using Leica equipment.

 When I was still in college, looking for my first camera (that was back in
the days when air was clean and sex was dirty), I had to pass up Leica
equipment because of the cost.   Only much later, when I could afford it,
did I buy Leicas.

If there is one main reason why Leica cameras are avoided by many, it is
because of the price.